Marietta Child Therapist | Counseling for Children
Unlock your child’s potential and empower your child to thrive.
Have you noticed that your child is lacking the skills necessary to cope in certain situations?
As Marietta Child Therapists, we’ve had the privilege to help many children overcome a variety of emotional issues. We understand that as a parent, you want nothing more than to see your child happy and thriving. But sometimes, children face emotional struggles, behavior changes, or challenges coping. These issues can leave both you and your child feeling frustrated.
At Awaken Counseling, we believe that every child deserves the opportunity to flourish and reach their full potential. We understand that each child is unique, and their journey to emotional well-being may require expert guidance and support. Our Child Therapy services are designed to provide a safe and nurturing environment where your child can explore their feelings, overcome challenges, and develop the skills they need to thrive.
Our Approach To Child Therapy
Because children may not have the words to express how they think and feel, we work with children in a special way. Through the therapeutic use of play, we are able to help children explore and resolve issues while encouraging healthy behaviors. We use toys, games and books to aid in building rapport with children and assisting with the expression of feelings in therapy. We strive to include parents in the process for behavior change and symptom relief.
After consistent treatment using play, parents typically report that their child is more social and outgoing, has increased confidence, seems to be in a better mood, and is better able to manage difficult emotions. Here's more about what sets our Child Therapy services apart:
- Emotional Regulation: We guide your child in managing their emotions, teaching them how to cope with anger, fear, and sadness in healthy ways.
- Coping Strategies: We work with your child on developing a toolbox of coping skills to use when feeling sad, anxious, angry and disappointed.
- Communication: We teach your child how to identify and communicate their feelings to help regulate their emotions.
- Building Resilience: Through therapy, your child will learn the skills needed to help reduce future emotions and behavioral problems. These skills will continue to serve them throughout life.
Issues We Can Address in Child Counseling
Whether it's helping with emotional regulation at home or school, dealing with specific family stressors, or simply fostering more happiness and joy, our therapists are trained to address a wide range of challenges that children encounter including:
Our Child Therapy Services
At Awaken Counseling, our child therapists address emotional and behavioral challenges by utlizing the following techniques:
Play Assisted Therapy: Because children often don’t have the language to express how they feel, play can be used in therapy to help them express their thoughts and feelings.
Art Assisted Therapy: Art can be used in therapy to give children a creative way to communicate, process feelings and cope with stressors.
Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT): CBT is an evidence-based approach that can be used to help children manage anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues by changing negative thought patterns and behaviors.
Family Therapy: Family therapy can be used to help improve communication between family members, reduce conflict, and strengthen bonds.
Ready to support your child on their journey toward emotional well-being and success?
We offer child therapy in-person in Marietta and online therapy throughout Georgia.
Imagine a life where your child…
- Effectively communicates their emotions rather than becoming depressed or exhibiting disruptive behavior
- Demonstrates the ability to handle intense emotions without outbursts
- Engages in social interactions, connecting with friends and enjoying social experiences
- Complies with household and school rules
- Displays more resilience in response to life changes or changes within the family dynamic