Pregnancy and Postpartum Counseling in Marietta, GABreaking Free from Postpartum Anxiety and Depression
Having a baby can be a time of great joy. But what happens if it’s not?
You’ve finally given birth to your baby, but you just aren’t feeling quite right. Feelings of anxiety and depression are creeping in and maybe starting to feel unmanageable. There’s a constant feeling of loneliness and you can’t imagine a time when things will feel better. Tearfulness is taking over.
Or maybe you are still pregnant and feeling emotional and depleted. The restless sleep and nausea have become too familiar you feel trapped in your body. Everyone around you seems so excited, but you can’t shake the feelings of irritability, loneliness and sadness. You just don’t feel like yourself.
We see you, mama.
We’d love to support you. Our team specializes in supporting women during pregnancy and after birth. We get it! We understand what it’s like to struggle with pregnancy and postpartum issues and we want to walk with you. We want to help guide you toward the light at the end of the tunnel.
HOW THERAPY CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Therapy can be a powerful tool in helping you reclaim your emotional well-being. Our therapists are here to assist you in:
Ditch the mom guilt and find balance.
We offer pregnancy and postpartum counseling in Marietta and online therapy throughout Georgia. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
What is birth trauma?
Birth trauma refers to the emotional and psychological distress experienced by individuals as a result of a traumatic childbirth experience. This trauma can affect both mothers and fathers/partners who were present during the birth. Birth trauma can manifest in various ways and can result from a range of distressing circumstances during labor and delivery.
How common is postpartum depression?
Postpartum depression (PPD) is relatively common, affecting a significant number of new mothers. The prevalence of postpartum depression can vary depending on the population and the criteria used for diagnosis, but it’s estimated that around 10% to 20% of women may experience postpartum depression after giving birth.
What is postpartum OCD?
Postpartum Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a specific form of obsessive-compulsive disorder that occurs in some individuals after giving birth. It is characterized by the presence of intrusive and distressing thoughts, images, or urges that are often related to the baby’s safety or well-being. These thoughts are typically accompanied by intense anxiety and are referred to as obsessions.
What if I don’t have anyone to watch the baby during my appointment?
We understand that finding childcare can be a real concern for many individuals seeking psychotherapy, especially for parents with young children. However, we have a solution that can help address this challenge – online therapy.
Our online therapy sessions are designed to provide you with the support you need while accommodating your unique circumstances, including the absence of childcare. Here’s how online therapy can be a valuable option for you:
- Flexibility: Online therapy offers greater flexibility in scheduling your appointments. You can choose a time that aligns with your child’s routine or when they are occupied with activities.
- Convenience: You can participate in therapy from the comfort of your own home. This eliminates the need for additional childcare arrangements, making it a convenient option for busy parents.
- Privacy: Online therapy sessions are conducted in a secure and private environment. You can have your session in a room where you feel comfortable and where your child’s presence won’t be a concern.
- Effective Support: Online therapy is just as effective as in-person therapy for many individuals. You can receive the same level of support and guidance from your therapist through video calls or secure messaging.
- No Commute: Online therapy saves you time and eliminates the need to commute to a therapist’s office, which can be particularly challenging when you have childcare responsibilities.
If you find yourself without anyone to watch your child during your psychotherapy appointment, we encourage you to explore online therapy as a practical and effective solution. It allows you to prioritize your mental health without the added stress of arranging childcare.
Our therapists are here to support you in your journey towards better mental well-being, and online therapy can make that journey more accessible and convenient for you.